1.8L turbo, 1.9L TDI diesel, 2.0L gasoline, 2.8L VR6
Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to Volkswagen and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures, and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner, this manual will help you understand, care for, and repair your Volkswagen. Though the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the same detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Volkswagen dealer, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual: (remove, install, external service)
- 1.8L turbo gasoline (engine code AWD, AWW, AWP)
- 1.9L TDI diesel (engine code ALH)
- 2.0L gasoline (engine code AEG, AVH, AZG)
- 2.8L VR6 gasoline (engine code AFP, BDF)
Transmissions covered in this Volkswagen repair manual: (remove, install, external service)
- Manual: 02J 5-speed & 02M 6-speed
- Automatic: 01M 4-speed & 09A 5-speed
- Covers Volkswagen A4 models with "9M" or "1J" at position number 7 and 8 of 17-digit Vehicle Identification number (VIN), including Jetta wagon, GTI 337 and 20th anniversary editions.
- Maintenance procedures: from oil changes to belt replacement.
- Engine and cylinder head service and reconditioning, including timing belt (4-cylinder) and timing chain (6-cylinder) repair.
- Explanation of Motronic 5.9, ME 7.1/7.5 and Diesel Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) engine management systems and OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II).
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system.
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
- Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
- Repair information for ABS brake systems.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement and the Climatronic system.
- Body adjustment and repairs, including front and rear doors, fenders, front radiator support and sunroof.
- Wiring schematics for circuits, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry. Also includes wiring diagrams for wagon models from January 2001.
- Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes
- Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques
A GOOGLE AD IS SHOWN BELOW-IT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRODUCT ABOVE