This very comprehensive manual covers all areas of motorcycle electrics including, ignition and combustion, spark plugs and their construction, coils, magnetos, and batteries, CDI, transistor and digital, alternators, DC generators and starters, lights and signal systems, braking and traction-control systems.
Also includes chapters on electrical fault finding, as well as practical testing and test equipment. All motorcycle electrical equipment fully explained! A must-have book for technicians and students of motorcycle engineering and mechanics.
Table of Contents
Introduction | About this manual | Acknowledgements | Safety first!
MOT test checks | Technical terms explained | Index
- Chapter 1: The complete system
- Chapter 2: Electrical basics
- Chapter 3: Ignition and combustion
- Chapter 4: Ignition — Coil and battery
- Chapter 5: Ignition — Magnetos
- Chapter 6: Ignition — Capacitor Discharge Ignitio (CDI)
- Chapter 7: Ignition — Transistor and digital ignition
- Chapter 8: Fuel injection
- Chapter 9: Engine management
- Chapter 10: Spark plugs
- Chapter 11: Charging — Direct current (DC) generators
- Chapter 12: Charging — Alternators : Flywheel alternators | Single-phase alternators | Three-phase alternators
- Chapter 13: Batteries
- Chapter 14: Lighting and signalling
- Chapter 15: Starter motors
- Chapter 16: Circuits and system components
- Chapter 17: Braking and traction control (ABS and TCS)
- Chapter 18: Testing and fault finding
A GOOGLE AD IS SHOWN BELOW-IT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRODUCT ABOVE