Covers Mercedes-Benz C-Class models 1994 - 2000
based on the W202 platform including: C220, C230, C230 Kompressor & C280.
This Bentley Manual contains in-depth
maintenance, service and repair information for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class from
1994 to 2000. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical
explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether
you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Mercedes-Benz owner, this manual helps
you understand, care for and repair your car.
Models and engines covered:
- C 220, 4-cylinder 2.2 liter (M 111)
- C 230, 4-cylinder 2.3 liter (M 111)
- C 230 Kompressor, 4-cylinder 2.3 liter (M
- C 280, 6-cylinder 2.8 liter (M 104)
- C 280, V6 2.8 liter (M 112)
- 4-speed automatic (1994-1996)
- 5-speed automatic (1997-2000)
- Maintenance procedures from changing the ATF
to replacing the cabin air filter. This manual tells you what to do and how
and when to do it.
- Step-by-step cylinder head cover and
cylinder head removal and installation.
- Cooling system and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams
- Information about advanced technical
features such as variable intake manifold, traction control and stability
- Suspension repair procedures.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and
- Heating and air conditioning repair,
including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and
- Electrical system service, with an
easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including
power distribution and grounds.
- Mercedes-Benz OBD II diagnostic trouble
codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Mercedes-Benz factory tolerances, wear
limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.