Recommended by leading service manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton’s, etc.)
- Affordable – Priced similar to a dealer’s diagnostic fee
- Compact – Fits in your glove box
- Reads BMW Proprietary “factory” airbag codes specific to your car
- Resets Airbag Warning Light
- Very easy to use – takes less than 30 seconds
- No Wasted Time!
For your specific application, please: Click Here
Airbag/SRS warning lights are a fact of life in repair and body shops, alarm and stereo installer shops and at the race track. Without the Peake Research R5/SRS-16 tool, a BMW SRS light will result in a visit to a BMW dealer.
Connect, Select & Go!
Taking less than 30 seconds to use, the R5/SRS-16 requires no batteries, no additional cables, no connectors, no laptop, no software to learn, no special interfaces or downloads. It can only be plugged into one spot, one way. It is truly fool proof - compares in ease with checking your oil, pumping your own gas, etc.
- Size: 3.25" x 1.75" diameter
- Weight: 177g (8.7oz)(with manual and case)
- Compatibility (years): 1994-2003 (see “Connection” next and note 1)
- Connection: (R5/SRS) Connects to the round under-hood plug. (R5/SRS-16) connects to the under-dash plug (R5/SRS-U) covers both. (see note 1)
- Compatible Makes & Nations: BMW only / all nations
- Diagnostic range: Reads BMW airbag fault codes that trigger the Airbag warning light
- Reset Functions: Resets the airbag fault codes and warning light
Note 1: In cars with dual connectors (under-dash + under-hood) the car’s under-dash plug has no reset connections! So you MUST use the “under-hood” tool.
(Example: All BMWs 1996 – 1999, All Z3s and all 740i’s regardless of year are dual connector cars. Also note that X5’s and many three series, up to mid 2001, are dual connector). Check the car before ordering.
Peake Tool Functionality Checklist:
- Easy Operation: Yes (extremely)
- Read BMW Proprietary SRS airbag codes: Yes
- Read the same codes the dealer sees: Yes
- Read the same number of SRS codes as dealer’s tool: yes
- Safe for my car: Yes, it’s “fool proof” – even for a determined fool…
- Broad compatibility range: Yes specs
- Reset the SRS indicator light: Yes
- Include everything you need to read and reset SRS codes: Yes
- Include a code manual with definitions: Yes
- Include a 90-day warranty: Yes
- Work only on BMWs: Yes
- Let you check and reset codes at your convenience: Yes
- Instructions printed right on the tool: Yes
- Operate without interface cables, software, or PC: Yes
- Low Cost: Yes
- Work with Non-US spec BMWs: Yes
A GOOGLE AD IS SHOWN BELOW-IT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRODUCT ABOVE